South Lake Tahoe in Black and White. |
Since 2008 we have been going to South Lake Tahoe for Thanksgiving.
It has become our home away from home.
My mother passed away Mother's Day 2008 and I was really struggling with my emotions that year as the holidays came near.
it was very hard for me to get into any holiday spirit that first year. I had this wonderful friend (co-worker) that made a sweet suggestion for me, as I began to grieved my mother's death. She offered her home (they rent out all year around) in South Lake Tahoe, which is about 1hr and 45min away from our home in the Sacramento Valley.
'I didn't think we could do it, but my husband feeling he needed to make a miracle happen to help me thru all that Iv been thru, made it possible. I was overjoyed and extremely thankful!!'
This year we were blessed with heavy snow, all the way up the cabin windows. As a matter of fact, we were snowed in, having to wait an extra day for the storm to pass in order to head back down the mountain.
*SWEET*
It was absolutely gorgeous and amazingly beautiful!! I was in [earthly] heaven! ;) I thought South Lake Tahoe was beautiful when green and lushes, but... the snow... I was speechless!! It was breath-taking... the view was remarkable!
On our walk to the lake the icicles [from roof top to ground] were thrilling to see on other homes and cabins. I was extremely blessed and didn't want this 5 day vacation to end. It was a...
*HAPPY MOMENT*
No comments:
Post a Comment